Things To Do At Calbourne Water Mill
You’ll be surprised at quite how much there is at Calbourne Water Mill, apart from feeding the peacocks, geese, ducks, moorhens and doves there is a beautiful ancient oak woodland which is home to badgers, red squirrels, foxes and many many more birds and small mammals.
Depending on the season, the stream at the bottom of the hill (running behind the café) is home to eels. Not forgetting the large fish stock in the mill stream, buy a bag of fish food (and watch them almost leap out of the water to get it!)
We have some of the best views of the Island for those who are able (and willing!) to take the short walk up to the top of the hill.
- There is a small but very interesting war museum.
- Many little rural museums, displaying a selection of memorabilia from a bygone age (such as Granma’s kitchen, Granfer’s Shed, Fire Station, Old Bakery and much more!)
- The Water Mill has a Pottery producing hand-made souvenirs on site.
- A Lovely family Clay-play area (We use air drying clay, so you can take home what you make; Only £2 per child).
- Lego Tables and Giant Chalkboard – entertainment for all ages.
- There is Adventure golf by the side of the mill stream!
- With a fully licensed café serving a delicious menu of daily specials, sandwiches, freshly made soup, pancakes, as well as a children’s selection, you don’t even need to worry about food!
If you don’t want a full meal, why not sample some of our homemade cakes or wonderful cream teas.
We sell a large range of alcoholic beverages, soft drinks, herbal teas and coffee.
All our food is freshly made, using our own flour and oats, and local island produce whenever possible.
The gift shop sells a wide range of gifts to suit every pocket, from souvenier pencils and postcards, to our own Water Mill Pottery (hand made on site). You can buy our attractive range of Muesli and Porridge Oats.